HOW TO APPLY
The application process can be intimidating, but we’ve put together a step-by-step overview of what you can expect when applying. There are three basic steps for applying:
- Find your ideal job
- Select the opportunity that best fits your experience and skills, from the Career Areas section or visit the AFSC search results page.
- Before starting the application process, be sure to have the job description and application instructions on hand. It’s important that you’ve read the job description carefully, meet all the requirements, and are prepared with any additional documents you’ll need to send along with your resume.
- Click “Apply Now.”
- Start or access your USAJOBS account
- Complete the application questionnaire
- Once your profile is complete and you’ve attached your resume to the record, you’ll be redirected to the Application Manager site. This is where you complete your application via a series of qualifying questions.
- When you’re finished, click “Submit My Answers.” (Check the Application Package Status page to make sure you’ve completed all the steps.)
- You’ll have the opportunity to update your application and add any required documentation until the job is closed. (See the Open Period at the top of the job description.)
- You can check on your application status any time by logging in to your USAJOBS account.
Once we receive your resume, we’ll review it to determine if you meet our requirements for the position. If we determine you’re an eligible candidate, you’ll be contacted by the Air Force Personnel Center.
A complete application package includes:
- Your resume.
- Completed occupational questionnaire (on USAJOBS/Application Manager).
- Any supporting documents requested (e.g., cover letter, awards, DD-214, etc.).